Monday, September 22, 2008

Menu Plan Monday- 1st time!

I have caught on to this, but don't quite know what it entails.
I am trying it anyhow.
We have been in the habit of planning menus in our home, *(thanks to my mother, whom we share a roof with)* & have thoroughly enjoyed it.
My mother always did so well doing this consistently so, when I was growing up, planning her grocery lists along with it, too!
I try to follow, but still lack...
But anyhow,
here are our weekly menus for DINNER/ SUPPER ONLY though...

Monday- Chicken Pecan Fettucini, Grilled Bread dipped in Olive Oil w/ Parmesan Cheese & herbs, Salad
Tuesday- Chile Rellenos Bake, Spanish Rice, Refried Beans
Wednesday- Jerk Chicken, Rice & Black Beans, Fried Plaintains, Island Bread Pudding
Thursday- Hot dogs, "Hobo" Beans, Redskin Potato Salad
Friday- Spaghetti, Garlic Bread, Salad & Chunky Applesauce

We don't "plan " breakfast & lunches, though I do pack my hubby's lunches for work.
Recipes linked in this post are actually NOT the ones I used... Ahhh!! Horrors!

I just did that for ones who would like to see an example of my recipes.

My mom provides the yummiest versions of most of the food I have ever eaten & I can release those recipes, if requested.

She has two cookbooks she has written, ya know?

No comments: