Sunday, December 7, 2008

Stuff I Found & Wanted to Share

Interesting sites I found:




Recycle your "keys" ??!! YES! Send them to this family & they will recycle them to raise money for the cure for MS! It is called: KEYS FOR KINDNESS I don't think twice about my old keys in my junk drawers & old key rings that are in the bottom of my son's toybox, but this MADE me think of them & think of what a difference it may make if someone had A WHOLE LOT of them to recycle. GREAT!



  • Alfie Kohn's theory on raising children... still undecided, but here are 5 reasons to STOP saying, "Good Job" to your child. I understand the concept, but am still thinking that commendation is a 'good' thing. It is just another way of commending, he promotes, but requires a whole new way of thinking... do I have that much brain power left??!!





  • Interactive website with all interaction, all the time! "Interactives" provides educators and students with strategies, content, and activities that can enhance and improve students' skills in a variety of curricular areas. LOVED THIS SITE!




  • And finally, the Cloud Appreciation Website... because I like clouds & so do scores of other humans~ who knew?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great links. I have some thoughts on the Alfie Kohn thing -- but I'm too brain-dead to put them together coherently right now. *LOL*