Saturday, November 8, 2008

My Daughter's Compassion

I posted yesterday that I would like to tell you about my "daughter's compassion", as it impresses me so.

My 13 year old daughter is compassionate.
She loves the elderly.  She visits them at the nursing home, where my granddad was for months on end.  She took a "feeding assistant" class to actually help FEED these unfortunate ones, while helping them to maintain a sense of dignity.  

My daughter reaches out to other unfortunate ones.  Ones that are considered the "underdog".  Ones that are not reached out to otherwise.   Ones that are "left out" because of a slight mental disorder or a speech impediment or a handicap.   She makes them feel special & I truly believe she has a gift.  I tell her so.  She thinks I am just looking for ways to commend her.  I am honest with her enough that she should know better, but anyhow... that is all I wanted to say concerning her compassion right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful heart and spirit she has. :-)