Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Tip Jar Tuesday


Tip for today:


As many of you know, I am the wife of a plumber.
P. has told me that he finds many stopped up pipes are caused by grease, odd items that were washed down the drain or flushed or by regular paper towels/napkins/facial tissues being flushed.
Therefore, my tips of the day are:

  • Do NOT flush anything other than regular toilet tissue paper! Even facial tissue is bad, as it is tougher & not made to break up in water easily.

  • If you must rinse your greasy pans into the sink, then run HOT water for at least 1 minute with a mixture of dish detergent (preferably DAWN) to break up that grease & get it on out of your pipes. (but don't tell him I told you that... he says to NEVER put any grease in any form in the drains, no matter what- but I have been doing it for years & we have NEVER had a problem- he says the problem will go on down the line for someone else to deal with, possibly though)

No comments: