Sunday, March 16, 2008

Sleeping Troubles for son

I am trying to understand why my d.s. is resisting sleeping so extremely. He is 5, has sensory issues & is an Aspie. We have been dealing with this for a long, long time & now he uses many more words to try to tell me WHY he does not want to or CANNOT go to sleep.
He says, "my brain is turning around & around, when I close my eyes." " I am afraid I'll have a bad dream." I realize his mind is racing with thoughts of a 5 yo. I understand that. We have tried homeopathic remedies, like Calms Forte', but I am seeing a very strong hate for sleeping & it quite frankly is disturbing. I know children don't like to go to sleep, necessarily. I have 4 older children that I have dealt with issues like this, but he is different in his presentation & I am struggling with it.

Just one of many issues we are facing... just wanted to rant about it.

1 comment:

momof3feistykids said...

S. has *always* had serious sleeping issues. I had the same problem -- with the spinning thoughts, insomnia, and all when I was a kid. I wish I had advice. I was usually able to get S. to lie down with some books, at least for a while. But with boys ... maybe not so much. :-P Did you say you were doing some sensory integration stuff, including the brushing protocol? Did that help at all?