Thursday, January 17, 2008

Why I don't say BLESS YOU when you sneeze

I do not belive in any superstitions. NONE, nada...
I don't worry about the number 666, I don't care if a black cat ran in front of my car, I don't believe in dreams that people have that tell what will happen the next day.... & finally, I don't say the customary "Bless You" to friends, family or to a complete stranger standing in line at the check-out in Wal-Mart.
I don't say all of this to offend, just to inform. I am not being rude, so please know this in advance, if we ever meet again!
Here is the reason:

The custom of saying "Bless you" when someone sneezes was first used by ancients when they believed that breath was the essence of life, and when you sneeze a part of you life is escaping. Evil spirits rush into your body and occupy the empty space. By saying "God bless you" the speaker is protecting the sneezer from that spirits.

Take care now, bye-bye.

No comments: